We come from all walks of life. – Some of us are past recipients of the Hanover Charities Scholorship.
We come from Jamaica and overseas brought together by our passion to help and make a difference where we can.
With the main focus of Hanover Charities being education & health just some of the projects our funds support annually are:
- A weekly soup kitchen that feeds over 700 breakfast every week
- Nutritional programmes in school’s
- Facilities, clinics, institutions & projects that provide health care
- Organizations that promote positive values and education for children
- Housing the homeless
- The Westhaven Home for Disabled & Abandoned Children
- The Children’s Activities Room at the Hanover Parish Library
- Sponsorship of the annual Hanover Health Fair
- The Morris-Watkins Memorial Scholarship. This fund was started to honour two past Chairpersons of Hanover Charities, Sandi Morris and Paula Watkins. These two ladies were unfailing in their dedication to Hanover Charities and the scholarship in their names provides funds for many promising students to attend University and study in their chosen fields.
|| Or scroll down for timely updates, news and events!
Our big fundraising event the Sugar Cane Ball was held on Saturday, February 14, 2015. It was a great success. Save the date for the 2016 - Sugar Cane Ball at Round Hill on Saturday Feb. 13th!
Click below to see the "Dinner and Decor" gallery from the event:
Click below to see the "Welcome & Cocktails" gallery from the event: